With the Season of Leaks in full swing, we’ve seen many fake leaks on Patch 10.0 and the next WoW expansion. In this post, we’re taking a look at the only leak named “Dragonflight” from February 8 that mentions 4 new classes and player housing.
Please note that nothing has been officially confirmed and there is a high likelihood of this leak being fake. We’ll have to wait until April 19, 2022, for the official reveal by Blizzard. With that said, I thought it would be interesting to cover it for multiple reasons:
a) The leak says the new expansion is called “Dragonflight” and dates back to February 2022.
b) A few hours ago, source code on the official World of Warcraft site revealed what appears to be the name of World of Warcraft’s next expansion, which also happens to be “Dragonflight”. On top of that, we also saw new artwork mentioning “Dragonflight”.
c) The post hasn’t been edited by anyone since February 8, 2022, when the OP was banned on the MMO-C forums. If, in fact, the new expansion is called “Dragonflight”, the leaker got at least the name right.
d) Some information present in the leak coincides with new quests / encrypted content from Patch 9.2.5.
WoW: Dragonflight Leak Highlights
The following section covers the main highlights of the Dragonflight leak posted on February 8, 2022, on the MMO-C forums. Potete leggerlo qui.
* The leak mentions Chromatus as the main villain of the expansion with a “focus on minor stories”.
* According to the leak, the level cap will “not be increased” and everything is described as “max level content”.
* We’re supposed to get “6 disconnected zones (with 2 of them being revamped)”. This portion of the leak is particularly interesting because Patch 9.2.5 hints at new encrypted content in Tirisfal Glades and there’s a new Blood Elf questline taking place in Quel’thalas. The following information can be found in the leak:
* Lordaeron is supposedly getting a revamp with updates to Tirisfal Glades and Plaguelands, with the focus on Scarlet/Light.
* Quel’thalas (Eversong/Ghostlands) is supposed to be revamped too with Silvermoon City becoming hostile, just like Suramar.
* Dragon Isles are described as “one zone split into multiple maps, located between the Broken Isles and Northrend”.
* Player housing is “supposedly in the works”.
* The leak mentions two new professions: Carpenter and Logger.
* Dalaran should be the main hub of the expansion.
* The leak mentions “Undermine” — a fully underground city beneath Kezan with criminals and an Uncrowned story. Another underground zone named “Uldaz” should contain a Titan/Elune story.
* According to the leak, we will encounter creatures named “Balor” — a halfling race dealing with primordial fel enemies (proto demons).
* The Order Halls will apparently “receive new questlines that you pick like Covenants with different themed rewards”.
* “Class skins” for existing classes are supposedly coming. The leak also describes how class skins would work for multiple classes.
* Dark Ranger Skin with Hunters comes with “dark spell effects and undead tames instead of animals”.
* Necromancer Skin for Warlocks comes with “Plagues instead of curses and summons undead instead of demons”.
* Nightmare Skin for Druids introduces “corrupted spell effects and animal forms like snakes and spiders that work like existing forms”.
* Dragonsworn Skin for Shamans with “Draconic spell effects and forms”.
* Warden Skin for Demon Hunters with “Arcane and Holy Magic instead of Fel”.
* The leak says we’ll “get 4 micro-classes (1 per specialization) instead of a whole new class with 3 specializations”. I can’t really fathom how having just 1 specialization per character would work out while doing single-player content in the open world.
* Dragon Knight with just 1 Tank specialization. Uses Two-Handed weapons, fire, Plate Armor, and shouts. * Tinker class with just 1 DPS specialization. Uses guns, Mail Armor, gadgets, and mech suits. * Minstrel class with only 1 available Healer specialization. Uses Leather Armor, lutes, violins, and pan flutes. * Chronomancer class with just 1 Healer specialization. Uses Cloth Armor, time, and sand Magic.
Here’s also an image of the thread in case it gets taken down.
Let us know in the comments what you think about this leak.